Bells on Danforth is on Saturday June 6 this year. There will not be a formal Bells on Bloor Ride that day, as the Bloor group is working on advocacy, with a goal of a pilot for bike lanes on Bloor proposed for the summer of 2016.
Head on over to the Bells on Danforth site for details!
If you are looking for a fun group ride from the west end, the Reading Line “Books on Bloor” Ride is on Saturday, May 30. It is a bike ride with stops featuring readings by local authors. It starts on Bloor near Kipling at 11 am, and will travel east along Bloor to Castle Frank. Feel free to join in at any time. The ride will have police escort.
For those who are riding from the High Park area, there will be a group leaving for Kipling from Bloor at Jane at 10:15 am, and a group ride back to High Park from Castle Frank at 4:30, with ride marshalls from the Cycle Toronto Ward 13 group.
Detailed Ride Schedule:
11 – 12 Why do we need URBAN PLANNING?
22 Division Police Station, 3699 Bloor Street West
- Bernard Trottier, MP Etobicoke/Lakeshore
- Peter Z. Milczyn, MPP Etobicoke/Lakeshore
- Pamela Gough, TDSB Trustee, W3 Etobicoke/Lakeshore
- Peggy Nash, MP Parkdale/High Park
- Cheri di Novo, Parkdale/High Park
- Authors Doug Saunders, Arrival City
- Ken Greenberg, Walking Home
12:30 Cycling, Safety & Moose Factory
High Park (Bloor Street east of the entrance)
- Jacquelyn Hayward Gulati, Mgr, Cycling Infrastructure Programs, City of Toronto
- Safety Advice Yvonne Bambrick, The Urban Cycling Survival Guide
- Fiction Christine Fischer Guy, The Umbrella Mender
1:30 On the Steps between Montrose & Grace, opposite Christie Pitts
- Fiction Vincent Lam, Bloodletting & Miraculous Cures and The Headmaster’s Wager
2:15 Mark Cohen Park, SE corner of Bloor & Spadina
- Fiction Gary Barwin, I, Dr. Greenblatt, Orthodontist, 251-1457
2:30 Varsity Stadium Steps at Devonshire Place
- YA Author Natale Ghent, Dark Company
3:00 The church behind 121 Bloor Street East
- Fiction Christine Poutney, Sweet Jesus
3:45 Opposite Castle Frank Station – Prince Edward Viaduct Parkette WEST Side
- Fiction Alissa York, Fauna
4:00 The Tundra Children’s Story Time
Opposite Castle Frank Station – Prince Edward Viaduct Parkette EAST Side
- Matt James, The Pirate’s Bed
- Julie Kraulis, An Armadillo in Paris
- Frank Viva, Outstanding in the Rain