After many years of waiting, construction for the Bloor bike lane pilot will start August 2, 2016, whether permitting.
As per the notice from the city on their project webpage,
- Minor spot road repairs will be completed in late July
- All on-street parking will be removed for the first few days, starting August 1 at 6 p.m. *weather permitting
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction, with no stopping in the traffic lanes
- Work will take place 24 hours a day, Monday to Friday, with possible work on weekends, if required.
- The noisiest work of removing existing paint will completed during the day, as much as possible
- New painted bike lanes, flexi-post bollards, and signs will be installed
- Changes to parking by-laws and loading areas will be signed
Albert just took this picture of some parking signs being taken down.